Today, Camellia Bees will guide you step by step to make a paper sunflower from crepe paper. With some easy materials, you can make beautiful and useful crepe paper sunflower by yourself.
Materials for making crepe paper sunflower
To make a crepe paper sunflower, it is important to gather all the necessary supplies and materials beforehand. You will need the following materials:
- Crepe paper 140gsm or 180gsm (Italian Crepe paper)
- Floral wire 16 gauge green, brown and yellow
- Floral tape
- Hot glue gun
- Marker pen
Once you have gathered all the necessary supplies, you can begin creating your beautiful crepe paper sunflower.
Step- by- step guide to make crepe paper sunflower
Now gather the ingredients and start doing it.
Step 1: Cutting petals of crepe paper sunflower
Cut a brown piece of crepe paper with a length of 23cm with widths of 1.7cm, 2.3cm and 3.3cm respectively. Then trimming sawtooth and roll each layer to the end.Do the same with the golden crepe paper size (3.6cm * 23cm) and paste in turn to create a complete pistil. Spread glue on the finished pistil on the finished paper sunflower base.
Step 2: Forming the petals of crepe paper sunflower
After cutting out the petals, it’s time to form them into a more realistic shape. To do this, take one petal and use a pencil to curl the edges upwards.
- Repeat this process with all the petals until they are curled.
- Then, fold the base of each petal slightly to create a crease.
Step 3: Assembling the petals of crepe paper sunflower
Once all the petals are formed, it’s time to assemble the crepe paper sunflower.
- Start by taking one petal and applying a small amount of glue to the base.
- Then, attach it to the center of a piece of green floral wire.
Repeat this process with all the petals, spacing them out evenly around the center. Once all the petals are attached, wrap the wire with green floral tape to create the stem.
Adding the Center of crepe paper sunflower
Now that the petals are attached, it’s time to add the center of the crepe paper sunflower.
- To do this, cut a small circle out of brown crepe paper.
- Then, cut small slits around the edge of the circle to create a fringed effect.
- Apply a small amount of glue to the center of the flower and attach the fringed circle.
- Press down gently to secure it in place.
Paste the petals into the upper pistil, making sure to paste them in two alternating layers.
Step 5: Calyx of crepe paper sunflower
Cut green crepe paper sunflower with the size of 4cm * 13.5cm to make calyx shape. Paste and twist calyx into two different layers.
Connect the leaf to the stem with leaf tape and complete a realistic crepe paper sunflower to decor your home, your working corner or handmade gift maybe. So we will have a real handmade paper sunflower from crepe paper.
Tips for making wonderful crepe paper sunflower
Choosing the right petals for crepe paper sunflower
In order to make crepe paper sunflower is realistic, you should choose suitable color. If you want to have some creative flowers, you can choose different ones.
- Choose petals that are yellow or orange in color
- Make sure the petals are not wilted or damaged
- Choose petals that are similar in size
Carefully cutting in each steps to make crepe paper sunflower
Cut out small green leaves from green crepe paper and attach them to the stem using floral tape
- Use scissors to cut slits into the edges of the petals to create a fringed effect
- Brush the edges of the petals with a darker shade of yellow to create depth and dimension
Bringing creation on your crepe paper sunflower
- To make your crepe paper sunflower look even more realistic, you can add some finishing touches
- Create multiple sunflowers and arrange them together in a vase for a beautiful centerpiece
- With these simple steps, you can easily create your own stunning crepe paper sunflower
- Enjoy the process and let your creativity shine
Display the crepe paper sunflower
Once you’ve created your crepe paper sunflowers, there are endless ways to showcase them.
Crepe paper sunflower for decoration
- Create a bouquet of crepe paper sunflower and display them in a vase or mason jar
- Hang them on a wall using string or ribbon
- Create a wreath using multiple sunflowers
Crepe paper sunflower for events
- Use them as centerpieces for weddings or parties
- Create a photo booth backdrop using multiple crepe paper sunflower
- Give them as party favors or gifts
With these methods for making crepe paper sunflowers, you can create beautiful and unique decorations that will brighten up any space.
The following is a detail on how to make a paper sunflower step by step on youtube channel of Camellia Bees.
If you like my instructions, don’t forget to click Like, Share and Subscribe to my channel!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY: https://www.youtube.com/@CamelliaBees/videos
FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
CHECK OUT MY PAPER FLOWERS SHOP ON AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2XNHmNA
Some other easy handmade flower making guides you might like. Click on the link and see the instructions.